- TEMPLATE: Assistant Manager
- TEMPLATE: Prep Cook
- TEMPLATE: Host
- TEMPLATE: Server
- TEMPLATE: Dishwasher
- TEMPLATE: Bartender
- VIDEO: Lexi walks you through job descriptions, what to look out for and how to get around it like a pro.
- LEGAL BREAKDOWN: The right way to lay out job descriptions, the legal implications and the one section you absolutely must have to combat THIS type of discrimination suit.
- TEMPLATE: Job Application
- VIDEO: Lexi walks you through job applications, what to look out for and how to get around it like a pro.
- LEGAL BREAKDOWN: The 4 armored statements you must include in your application and the 2 things to almost never ask.
- SCRIPTS: Exactly What Not to Say + Exactly What to Say Instead
- GUIDE: Step-by-Step Guide to Conduct a Legally-Solid Structured Interview
- CHECKLIST: Final Interview Prep Checklist to Confirm You're Ready to Rock 'n Roll
- VIDEO: Lexi walks you through interviews, what to look out for and how to get around it like a pro.
- LEGAL BREAKDOWN: The most sensitive (but necessary) topic to discuss in interviews. Plus, stereotypes, entrapment and a $12 million mistake.
- TEMPLATE: Consumer Disclosure for Background Check
- TEMPLATE: Consumer Authorization for Background Check
- TEMPLATE: Reference Check Authorization + Release Form
- TEMPLATE: Drug + Alcohol Testing Consent Form
- TEMPLATE: Drug + Alcohol Policy for Employee Handbook
- VIDEO: Lexi walks you through background checks, what to look out for and how to get around it like a pro.
- LEGAL BREAKDOWN: What you NEED TO KNOW if you're sleuthing through their social media. Plus, criminal history, drugs and what's flat out illegal if you ask at the wrong time.
- TEMPLATE: Offer Letter (Terms + Conditions for Lower Level Employees)
- TEMPLATE: Rejection Letter
- TEMPLATE: Employment Agreement (Terms + Conditions for Higher Level Employees)
Does this apply to restaurants in every state?
All of the forms and walk-throughs are based on United States federal law, which applies to every single restaurant in the country. Generally, where state law differs, I say so, but I don't cover the specific law on every issue in all 50 states. (That would defeat the purpose of offering an affordable, proactive solution, ammiright?). Where state law differs, take these templates to your local attorney and have them tweak them to state specific standards.
I already have HR at my restaurant. So, am I good?
HR professionals are excellent to have on staff for day-to-day employee administration. But here's the difference: I'm an attorney that's been in the legal trenches with employers after it's all fallen apart. So, I know first-hand what particular issues can become colossal problems if handled wrong, and I've designed this material specifically to help employers get them right.
You say this will help me prevent employee lawsuits. Is that a guarantee?
I can't stand in front of the courthouse and tackle an employee who tries to file a suit against you. So no, I cannot guarantee that you won't get sued. But I can tell you this: lawsuits typically don't exist without either a mistake or a misunderstanding. And this material gives you the knowledge, the policies and the templates to help you prevent that from happening.
Is this legal advice?
No, this is not legal advice. This is an educational resource designed to make you aware of your legal obligations as an employer and to provide tools to meet those obligations. It is not a substitute for hiring your own attorney in your own jurisdiction.
Does buying this make you my attorney?
No. That takes way more paperwork and something resembling a blood oath to keep your darkest secrets.
Do you offer a refund?
Due to the digital nature of the product, there is nothing that can be returned and so I’m unable to offer refunds. However, I’m glad to answer any questions you might have to help you make this product work for you! (But, no legal advice, of course).
Restaurant Employment Law 101 | FLAGSHIP
ALL of the legal forms and walk-throughs from HIRE, MANAGE and PAY plus • Sexual Harassment Part 1 • Sexual Harassment Part 2 • Youth Employment + Child Labor Restrictions • Recordkeeping • And More!
Restaurant Employment Law 101 | MANAGE
• Harassment Policy + Complaint Procedures • Discrimination Policy + Complaint Procedures • Disability Accommodation Request Form • Written Warning Letter • Termination Letter • And More!
Restaurant Employment Law 101 | PAY
• Tip Credit Notice with Pooling Agreement • Minimum Wage Pooling Agreement • Overtime Policy + Procedures • Payroll Deduction Authorization Form • Exemption Questionnaire • And More!