- TEMPLATE: Discrimination Policy + Complaint Procedures for Employee Handbook
- VIDEO: Lexi walks you through discrimination, what to look out for and how to get around it like a pro.
- LEGAL BREAKDOWN: The Golden Rule to avoid discrimination, even if you can't remember a single, solitary protected class. Also, the danger lurking in your seemingly neutral policies.
- TEMPLATE: Harassment Policy + Complaint Procedures for Employee Handbook
- VIDEO: Lexi walks you through harassment, what to look out for and how to get around it like a pro.
- LEGAL BREAKDOWN: What's actually illegal harassment vs. what's just not politically correct.
- TEMPLATE: Retaliation Policy + Complaint Procedures for Employee Handbook
- VIDEO: Lexi walks you through retaliation, what to look out for and how to get around it like a pro.
- LEGAL BREAKDOWN: Punishment, protected activity and protecting yourself against pretext claims.
- TEMPLATE: Disability Accommodation Request Form
- CHECKLIST: Step-by-Step Checklist to Handle an Accommodation Request
- VIDEO: Lexi walks you through disability accommodations, what to look out for and how to get around it like a pro.
- LEGAL BREAKDOWN: Who is entitled to a disability accommodation and how to determine what's reasonable.
- TEMPLATE: Religious Accommodation Request Form
- TEMPLATE: Accommodation Policy + Request Procedures for Employee Handbook
- VIDEO: Lexi walks you through religious accommodations, what to look out for and how to get around it like a pro.
- LEGAL BREAKDOWN: Religious Accommodations: Their right to religion vs. your right to run your business. Also, the uniform battle on image + safety.
- TEMPLATE: Written Warning Letter
- TEMPLATE: Termination Letter
- VIDEO: Lexi walks you through discipline, what to look for and how to get around it like a pro.
- LEGAL BREAKDOWN: The ONLY right way to discipline. Plus, bulletproofing your restaurant against a wrongful termination claim.
Does this apply to restaurants in every state?
All of the forms and walk-throughs are based on United States federal law, which applies to every single restaurant in the country. Generally, where state law differs, I say so, but I don't cover the specific law on every issue in all 50 states. (That would defeat the purpose of offering an affordable, proactive solution, ammiright?). Where state law differs, take these templates to your local attorney and have them tweak them to state specific standards.
I already have HR at my restaurant. So, am I good?
HR professionals are excellent to have on staff for day-to-day employee administration. But here's the difference: I'm an attorney that's been in the legal trenches with employers after it's all fallen apart. So, I know first-hand what particular issues can become colossal problems if handled wrong, and I've designed this material specifically to help employers get them right.
You say this will help me prevent employee lawsuits. Is that a guarantee?
I can't stand in front of the courthouse and tackle an employee who tries to file a suit against you. So no, I cannot guarantee that you won't get sued. But I can tell you this: lawsuits typically don't exist without either a mistake or a misunderstanding. And this material gives you the knowledge, the policies and the templates to help you prevent that from happening.
Is this legal advice?
No, this is not legal advice. This is an educational resource designed to make you aware of your legal obligations as an employer and to provide tools to meet those obligations. It is not a substitute for hiring your own attorney in your own jurisdiction.
Does buying this make you my attorney?
No. That takes way more paperwork and something resembling a blood oath to keep your darkest secrets.
Do you offer a refund?
Due to the digital nature of the product, there is nothing that can be returned and so I’m unable to offer refunds. However, I’m glad to answer any questions you might have to help you make this product work for you! (But, no legal advice, of course).
Restaurant Employment Law 101 | FLAGSHIP
ALL of the legal forms and walk-throughs from HIRE, MANAGE and PAY plus • Sexual Harassment Part 1 • Sexual Harassment Part 2 • Youth Employment + Child Labor Restrictions • Recordkeeping • And More!
Restaurant Employment Law 101 | HIRE
• Interview Scripts • Consumer Disclosure for Background Check • Consumer Authorization for Background Check • Reference Check Authorization + Release Form • Drug + Alcohol Testing Consent Form • And More!
Restaurant Employment Law 101 | PAY
• Tip Credit Notice with Pooling Agreement • Minimum Wage Pooling Agreement • Overtime Policy + Procedures • Payroll Deduction Authorization Form • Exemption Questionnaire • And More!